April 12, 2013

Opening Day!

Well, we went to the new Regions Park on Wednesday night for the Birmingham Barons first game in their new park!  And even though I was sure the entire structure would collapse (Birmingham, AL doesn't exactly have a great track record...), it was pretty awesome. I didn't get nachos OR french fries (not because I was making good choices), because they sold out of both!  But I had some good chicken fingers. A beautiful night with friends.  

And (!), now that I am approximately the size of a single-wide trailer, it was very easy to navigate the  sold-out baseball park.  I'm sure that everyone thought that if they touched me I would just explode, so they mostly all stayed out of my way. 4 weeks and 2 days to go.


Oh! And the Barons won!



15 minutes after we got home, Em woke up in a puddle of puke. Which, I have to say, was pretty great.  I learned about myself that I don't mind if my own kid pukes all over me, even if she had pizza and strawberries for dinner.  She is recovered from her 24 hour virus, and hopefully Rob and I are in the clear and will stay healthy.

Happy Friday-Have a great weekend everybody!  

No comments:

Post a Comment