September 12, 2013

If a picture's worth a thousand words...

how many words will this blog post be worth?

Lost of pictures here as an update on what we've been up to.  Em and Harper's first trip to the beach, me taking the kids on vacay, the kids just being cute and growing up.

We are slowing settling into the new job fog, which has not been easy because I work long hours, and it's not like Rob has any less to do than I do.  But we are making it.  Or, rather, right now we are faking it.

Em will be 2 years old in a little under 2 months, and Harper was 4 months old yesterday.  Somehow, even though things are more stressful than they have been ever before, I am enjoying the kids more and more. Perhaps because they are a great escape.

Enjoy the photo update!

The kids' first trip to the beach!
We went down for the weekend to help Dietz celebrate his birthday, 
though he might have had a more relaxing birthday without us....





I took the kids on vacation to see my family.  BY MYSELF. IN THE CAR. WITH TWO BABIES.
And guess what.  It actually wasn't that bad.  We had a really good time!!

First, to visit my grandma:

We also piled in on my mom for five nights, Tommy and Donna's house for dinner, and made a trip to the Children's Discovery Center in Gulfport.  It was a great week.

Tommy was so gracious and made us a yummy dinner.  We were stuffed.

 My new baby niece, Tailynn!

Tye and Em make Mud Stew.







My mom probably would have rather burned the house down than clean up the mess we left.
We tried to be neat, we really did!


Harper and Tailynn share-- like nice immobile humanoids.

Fun in the car:

At the Discovery Center-Tailynn and Harper hold hands in the giant bird nest.
Perhaps Tailynn is forcibly holding Harper's hand-she looks pretty serious about it.




Em drives a plane!

Harper is celebrating her Mexican heritage.  
You know, all that guacamole I ate when I was pregnant.  

Tye and his friend Keelyn.

The pretend hotel--too cute.

Em makes the same face that I make when I have to grocery shop.  
At least she hasn't learned to mutter under her breath,
"Get outta my way!  It's not a grocery arranging contest!"
...yet...


At the end of the day, everyone had shaved ice. Look how excited!
(I should note that two other adults accompanied me on the trip to the Discovery Center.  Do not try this alone.)

Some sisterly loves. Em loves her sister.  Sometimes.  And sometimes she punches her in the face.
Harper loves Em all the time, but I'm not sure why!



Em is quite the little grownup.  She wants to drink our coffee in the mornings, so I let her have chamomile tea.  
In other news, Em can quickly and efficiently do the following things:
1.  take off her pants (usually followed by peeing on the floor)
2. take the lid off of any container.  (usually followed by cinnamon/nutmeg/garlic all over the floor)
3. open most doors (sometimes followed by an escape).



She also helped me wash the cars this past weekend!  Now they no longer look like mudwagons that house the homeless.





Harper is practicing her sitting skills.  She is so sweet, and so patient. Em has always been a firecracker, even in utero.  I can't believe how differently the two kids are turning out.  It's funny how you love them both but in different ways.
Harper will be eating food from a jar soon!  Maybe we will try some this weekend.  And look at that gingery strawberry hair.  


No comments:

Post a Comment