March 25, 2012

Bells participates in Easter.

Yesterday Rob had to work, and I decided to have the Castello girls (and Steven) over for egg-dying!  I would have done it a little closer to Easter, except we are now all well again and will be traveling for the next THREE weekends.  

I boiled 12 eggs, laid out blankets on Emeralds new play mat (more on that later...) and got all the tablets and solo cups of vinegar ready.  The eggs were left in a plastic bowl on the play mat.

Unfortunately,  I also came down with a killer headache yesterday afternoon and decided to lay down for a bit while Em was napping.  I was in bed for about 1.5 hours.  When I got up, there were NO EGGS left in the plastic bowl.  In hindsight, it was dumb to leave a bowl of boiled eggs on the floor.  But anyway.  

So I get to looking around.  I find an egg on the couch in the front room and two on the movie room couch.  A couple in Ems room, on the deck, and some in the yard.  There was also one on Rob's pillow on our bed!  I can't believe Bells hid all the Easter eggs!  That's better than eating all of them.  They were completely unscathed!

Everyone had a great time dying eggs ... after I hunted them all down :)

Lily and Addi

Again, like herding cats.

Em played "attack the pig" instead of egg dying. The pig in Steven's hand.  Not Steven.

Em also got a new play mat this week!  She always gets stuck on her belly on our hardwood floors and can't roll back over!  So hopefully with some traction she will get the hang of it soon.

I underestimated the amount of floor space a 36 square foot mat would take up!


Ok, I'm off to spend some time outside on this beautiful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment