October 20, 2012

Today I am throwing a party.

Our friend Stephanie is leaving for a job at Haaahvaaahd. That's Harvard to the educated lot of you, I just like to say it like I imagine a fancy person might.  Of course, all of you know that I am definitely not fancy.

Anyway today is her Farewell Party.  I have cleaned both bathrooms, but have not gone to the store to get anything for the stuff I am making for the party.  It is 11:18 a.m., and naturally I am on the internet because I am SO THANKFUL that Em finally laid down for a nap after hollering for an hour straight.

AND.  We got a brain today.  I canceled all my piano lessons for the morning, thinking, "Who knows when I'll have to go in?"  I still don't know because no one can get in touch with the family to get permission to remove the dead person's brain.  I understand the need for permission, I really do.  But this individual is not going to be using his/her brain anytime soon.  The party is at 8 p.m., and the brain needs to be dissected before 6 p.m. to be under the 24 hour postmortem interval required for light microscopy.  Which means I will probably be going into lab around 5:30.

So excuse my language, but this day is kind of fucked up.

In other news, we obviously made it back from New Orleans.  Em, turns out, is EXACTLY LIKE ME in the car.  To make a long story short, we will be driving everywhere at night from now on because entertaining her is pretty much impossible after about 2 hours.

Here is the last picture I have from her many adventures with Memere.  I'll be updating about Tye's birthday party soon, and about Steph's Farewell Party too, if it comes together.

Happy Saturday Everybody!!

Now I remember why I hated it when my mom dressed me!
But she looks so adorable, I just want to bite her cheeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment