October 30, 2012

October? Yeah. That happened.

October has been full of fun things, and I've been a big ol' slacker on posting new stuff.  We had Tye's 3rd birthday, mine and Donna's 81st birthday, SfN, Steph's farewell party, and a trip to the pumpkin patch!  I figured I'd better get this stuff on to the interwebs before Halloween and Em's birthday happen later this week.

Can't believe that October is almost over.  

I had my 3 month ultrasound yesterday and the new baby looks, well, like a baby.  The doc didn't guess for us whether we might expect pink or blue, but based on what Em's ultrasounds looked like at this stage, I will guess Pink!  Rob is holding tight to the hope he might have a son, and my doc is in his corner, even if only out of pity.  We have 6-8 more weeks before we will know for sure!

Anyway, here is a somewhat abbreviated look at the last few weeks.

Tye turned 3 years old!  There were cupcakes, a pinata, and a sugar-induced coma. And lots of presents!











Donna (Gammie) turned 50 and I turned 31.  My mom got us an 81st  birthday ice-cream cake.  You know, since we are so old we can't chew regular cake anymore. And Em shows that she is ready for a nap by lying on the floor.



We said goodbye to our friend Steph, who moved to Boston.  We failed at photography.





Rob left town for two days, which meant I was a single mom.  I was not cut out to be a single Mom.  Em helped me rearrange my underwear drawer as well as the furniture.  And perhaps she didn't wear pants as much as she should have.




And finally, we took Em to the pumpkin patch this past weekend.  It was a 40 minute drive with a toddler who hates the car.  Any guesses as to how I appeased her on the trip?


It was freezing cold and SO WINDY (thanks Hurricane Sandy), but we had fun anyways.  Em loved the hay mountain.

Hey look it's Rob-on the other side of the camera!






Ok I will call that updated for now!  Tomorrow we have halloween and Joy made the cutest costume for Em.  And Saturday is her birthday party!  Of course, Kayla's kids have had a fever for the past couple days so I'm looking forward to her being like me and sick on every birthday.  

But I paid 50 bucks to order a cake last night.  So we are having a party with or without her.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment