September 6, 2011

A clean baby, the finale!

I'm hoping I get the final photos from the first shower (thrown by my family) soon, but I have received pictures from Amy of the third shower! My Birmingham besties all came out for a "Baby Brunch" on Aug 27.  Here are more pictures of me opening presents.

I had such a wonderful time, and feel so lucky to have a great family, a great work family, and a great Birmingham family.

One of the only photos taken of me not eating or talking.
Or eating AND talking.

Lindsey, a gracious hostess, with my former thesis student, Melayna.

The decor was lovely, lots of attention to detail.


Diaper cakes by Lindsey and Melayna!

Everyone decorated a diaper, and I had to pick winners for "funniest" and "most beautiful".

Diligently working.  Even Lori McMahon is quiet.

Me choosing the winners.  
Rosemary won for "prettiest" with her peacock design.
Rosie won for "funniest" by labeling a diaper "BELLA's TREATS".

Did I mention that everyone looked adorable and wore their sassy shoes?
Mine are the pink ones, of course, which some people might remember from my wedding.
Yes, they still fit!!

Me opening presents:
Explaining the swaddler from Johanna (aka the "baby straightjacket")

OHMYGOSH the pink newborn clothes are so irresistible!

The quilt that Amy made for Em-it's perfect!
I love that Amy looks really nervous in the background, lol.

The blanket that Joy crocheted for Em-love the "E".

Me fawning over the fact that Joy's husband Charlie knitted a hat for my baby.

Merriment.

Joy made homemade soaps as favors.  Adorbs.

Amy, Christine, and I.
The shower was at Amy's house-a perfect venue for a baby shower :)

Eating and Talking.




Thanks again to everyone!  Can't wait for you all to meet our little one :)

2 comments: