September 26, 2011

I wonder why there's a hole in the sky.

So.  

I like the environment. We recycle. Give that credit to my husband who LOOOOVVVEEESSS the environment-I sometimes tell him I'm going to go on recycling strike in which case he will do anything I want.  We even recycle glass, which requires a special trip.  We use environmentally friendly LED light bulbs (which cost a *gosh-darn* bloody fortune).  I am using Seventh Generation Diapers and Wipes which are unbleached and biodegradable, much to the dismay of everyone who every tried to make me a diaper cake. These diapers are hard to find in Birmingham.  Rest assured, I don't love the environment enough to turn down free diapers.  I couldn't bring myself to use cloth, and anyway all the extra washing uses up enough energy and water to make it not worth the trouble (that's my story...).  I have a mop with reusable microfiber pads, we use environmentally friendly laundry detergent, our next car purchase will be a hybrid...you get the idea. We do what we can without making our lives difficult. 

Well.  I get a lot of environmentally friendly stuff from Amazon.

Now Amazon thinks I need this book for Emerald's growing library.  I feel it's a bit heavy for someone who can't even reach the light switch or turn on the water by herself.  


That is all, everyone. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment