September 21, 2011

An explanation and public service announcement

I've been away so long that I feel I owe my three readers an apology and an explanation. No I didn't have my baby, but we do only have 5 weeks left of waiting.  Or maybe less!  Who can say? 

And hold on, at the end of this post there will be a PSA.  

We have been busy.  But not busy doing anything worth blogging about, hence my absence. Or maybe it is worth blogging about, but I simply haven't had the time.  After the baby showers were over, we completed the baby's room.  You have already seen pictures of that, but we did get these awesome cubical storage thingies suggested to me by my brother in law. We have been practicing keeping both doors to the room closed to keep the animals (mostly our two ginormous cuddly cats) out of there.  Slick does not like it at all and bangs on the door and howls.  So I guess it's best we get it out of the way now.

I swear her room is so peaceful I could just live there.
Guess I'd best enjoy it while it lasts.

In other news, I had to chase down a tow truck in heels (I was wearing heels.  Not the tow truck.  Damn you, misplaced modifiers.) recently on a trip to Stillman College.  See, I work at Stillman on Wednesdays.  Everyone knows me there, as I'm one of 6-10 white people on campus at any one time.  The campus cops have my tag number in their computers, etc.  So I am supposedly allowed to park wherever I damn well please.  Well, there is a new cop on campus.  His name is Officer Smiley.  NO I AM NOT JOKING.  He is also bipolar (according to him), but I think he has multiple personalities. He has a history of telling someone where to park and then giving them a ticket anyway. He tried to tow my car.  Like really, there were people under the car hooking stuff to it and it was really really about to be towed.  Well, luckily since everyone knows me there, a very nice lady came to my office to warn me and the crisis was narrowly averted.  I was informed that there are new cops on campus and "Miss (wow, that still makes me mad), you really need to take care of this."  Evidently all the new cops brought all new computers with them to their new job at Stillman because I am no longer in the system. 

We had our friends Gordon and Sheri with their son Grayson and their fetus Eliot over for the MS State/Auburn game.  We must love Gordon and Sheri because they are notoriously bad luck. 

We had a yard sale! We made 175 bucks!  For a while our living room looked like an episode of HOARDERS and I was sure I was going to lose it for reals.  But it was a success, with only a minimal pile of crap to bring to Goodwill later.  I mean----pile of treasures.

 My goal in life is to never ever have another yard sale.  


Slick and Bells should be cuddly friends by winter.  
That is Slick keeping close watch on our "change box"


AND NOW A PSA:

A person "borrowing" your lawnmower does not always look like this:

Heeeey lady I'm taking your lawnmower and gold coins!!! bwahahahahaha!

He might look like this:

 Hey, remember that time I borrowed your lawnmower and brought it back?
I need to borrow it again.  Is that okay?  I will have it back today.

Needless to say, we know who has our lawnmower, although we are pretty sure he hocked it.  And we have been dealing with police, incident reports, affidavits, and magistrates for about a week now.

And that, my three readers, is the reason for my protracted absence.

Have a great rest of the week---I will have new ultrasound pics to share on Friday!!



4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you saved your car, Miss :)
    Em's room looks great!
    Best wishes,

    Mauro (your 4th reader)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there ever was a cat who would fulfill the old wives tale and sneak into a baby's cradle and suck out their breath, it would Slick. He's a real asshole sometimes. Good call keeping the door closed.
    Sorry about your lawnmower-napping...that sucks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, slick is a real jerkface. He howls and bangs on the door and we squirt him with water. It's been fun at our house lately.

    good to hear from you both mauro and abby :)

    although i maintain that i still only have 3 readers, lol. perhaps it's for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you writing again! Someone stole your lawnmower? That's odd. Just slip Officer Bipolar a box of a dozen donuts every once in a while and you won't have to worry about your car.

    ReplyDelete