November 6, 2012

Birthday Baby

Em had a great time at her Strawberry Shortcake themed birthday party! We had tons of family come into town, she got a play shopping cart that she is constantly using to move things around the house,  a singing rocking horse, a baby-sized piano, tons of clothes and books, and some other toys too.  I have to admit that I put a few things away for "Santa" to bring this Christmas.  I figure I can get away with that this year and next year, depending on her level of observation.

Anyway, my parents, godparents, and Rob's parents all came to town, and helped me decorate for the party while Em was taking her nap.  She was completely amazed by all the decorations in the living room when she got up, and was particularly smitten with all the balloons.  She's still playing with the mylar ones that haven't deflated yet.

We had catering by Chick Fil A, a super adorable birthday cake, a "smash" cake, and perfectly coordinated decorations, none of which Emerald is going to remember, but at least I have photo evidence.

She was in a good mood all day, and here she looks pretty intent on explaining that it's her birthday and she's very excited for her party:


A healthy birthday lunch before the high fructose corn syrup overdose:


Birthday cake and decor:





Proof that Em had a good time at her birthday party:  the Smash cake.



Some of her guests:











Don't be fooled here:  She got so many presents that we had to spread them out over three days.  It was like a Hanukkah-themed birthday.










Overall, a happy weekend. I have to admit that by Sunday morning, I was DONE.  Done Done Done.  SO exhausted I wished I could die. I'm glad we did it big, though.  You only have a 1st birthday once, and we certainly made some great memories.




No comments:

Post a Comment