September 22, 2010

The football game is mostly secondary to the food.

So after yoga and breakfast on Saturday, I went to a THIRD social event!  I know!  Turns out three is my limit for social events in one day, because I totally flaked out on going for drinks and dancing later that night.  

We tailgated for the UAB football game.  I didn't go to the game, but I hear they won finally. Anyway, it was time for the Golden Tongs cookout competition, and this year the media was beef!  Rob didn't compete this year, since he's won the tongs every year at this event.  But Erica made beef skewers which were a big hit, and Edie made "the best hamburgers on earth".  They were seasoned with cajun sausage and wrapped in bacon!  Bacon!  

Erica won by a vote of 6 to 5!

Edie poses with her amaze-balls burgers!

I wonder if Sean believed me when I said I didn't take this photo?  

Abby protects Bells from the marching band.  
The marching band, really, this dog was terrified.

Owen protects Mommy from the marching band and looks around for snacks.

Erica, after years of hard competition, finally wins the Golden Tongs! 
Maybe next year, Edie!
Unless Rob decides to come out of retirement...

Woot!

3 comments:

  1. I read the title of this entry and thought "blasphemy!" Well, I hope you had fun and that all the food was good. All that meat sounds tempting and while, at the same time, nearly makes the gout I was diagnosed with last year flare up again, haha (Since I'm a history nerd, I should point out that Benjamin Franklin once published a conversation that he had with his gout, haha). Oh, and since football was in the title, I feel I must say ... Geaux Tigers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, English isn't always my strong suit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. English is only a strong suit if you're not from the US. Everyone knows we don't know how to talk here.

    ReplyDelete