September 22, 2010

Peace factory, WORD.

This past Saturday, there was a yoga session at Vulcan Park on the city overlook.  The name of the class was "108 Sun Salutations at Vulcan Park".  I was very excited and decided to take interested parties of my yoga class on a field trip.  I am a very stupid person sometimes.  At least one of us should have realized that we were going to do 108 sun salutations with different yoga instructors from the Birmingham area, and even though I did realize it was going to be a lot of saluting the sun, I kind of thought each instructor would do a different version of the pose series, and not the SAME ONE OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR 1.5 HOURS!

But that's what happened.  

It was a beautiful day, and even though my little group was stuck by the pregnant lady section, we did very well for about 24 rounds of sun salutation.  I learned that I should imagine my body as a peace factory (for reals), cleanse my internal organs, and open my body to cleansing energy and peace from the earth.  Just so you know, this is NOT how my yoga class operates.  Anyway, I got somewhat dizzy, very nauseous, and super-hungry.  After about 75 rounds of the same thing over and over, I took my yoga class on a field trip to the pancake house.   We had a wonderful time eating bacon.


Edie and I fail at keeping our eyes open.  And also I'm making my stank-face.  Win.


Alicia and Johanna, thinking they're ready for anything!

It looks like Edie forgot her pants, but she's wearing them.

The hippies come out of the woodwork.
 

1 comment: