September 28, 2010

Put on yer dang jean shorts-we're goin' to see them Gators play!

Another fun weekend in the books!

At 6:00 p.m. Friday evening (after work) we drove to Gainesville, FL--arriving at roughly 3 a.m. after several interstate setbacks.  For those of you that don't know, Gainesville, FL is the center of the universe (*inject some sarcasm*).  Anyway, we stayed with my in-laws for the weekend, had a lovely visit, and went to see the Gators play the Kentucky Wildcats!  I like the gators, but I don't love them.  Mostly I married into gator-dom.  But what I love love love is football--so exciting!

That being said, I hope the Gators kick the shit out of Bama this upcoming weekend.  One can hope.

Jeff, my brother in law, and "Dr. Mans" to you, was nice enough to plan the pregame tailgate. We had some amaze-balls burgers, great sides, and enjoyed watching the Bama (YUCK)/Arkansas game on the flatscreen.  One of the tail-gators (!) got a pretty severe sprained ankle, but that was the only snafu.  We went to the game, where the gators killed the wildcats, and finally back home after another tailgate snack while we waited for traffic to clear.

And Mississippi State beat Georgia!  Woot!

Again we got in bed superlate, but it doesn't matter, because the next morning we had to go see the grandparents!  We missed Grandpa Mans' ("Dr. Mans" to you) birthday party two weeks ago and needed to give him his gift and catch up. We had a great visit, complete with homemade cherry turnovers.  Granny Mans is the best cook in the world.

Overall a superfun weekend.  Thanks Jeff and Lori for your hard work--I know from experience that planning and executing a tailgate is no small feat.


Photo with the fam before we leave on our football adventure. 
Jeff did his hair special for the occasion.


And one more with the mom-in-law.  Woo!  Look at those bags under my eyes!
I'm too old for this type of travel, apparently.


The only photo I took at the game---with my cell phone.  Win.


Have a great week everyone! 
-Keri ("Dr. Mans" to you)


No comments:

Post a Comment