October 31, 2010

Boring = Good (sometimes)

I have been very boring lately.  For Halloween last night, I dug out all of my orange and black clothes, put them on, and handed out candy. Probably will do the same tonight.  We tried to go to a party, but then everyone was running late and we couldn't really find the place, so we went home. Told you.  Boring.

BUT: I'm starting to catch up on other things.  For those of you that have not heard me complain, I am hopelessly and irrevocably  behind on every aspect of my life.

House Dirty (cleaning today!).  Behind at lab.  Behind at teaching-need to design a molecular biology methods course to present to my superiors next month.  Hence the procrastination/blogging.  Anyway, here are some things I have and am accomplishing at the moment-at least I know I'm being productive.  Maybe boring is good.

Reasons why Keri is boring:

  • I started making our Christmas Cards, and I'm about 90% done Christmas shopping.
  • I have a plan for Christmas wrapping/tag making.  This is huge in my world, as wrapping gifts is my favorite activity in the world.
  • I rearranged some furniture and brought out my fall/winter clothes and shoes.  Just the shoes part was a chore.
  • I bought a new camera battery, so my blog will have pictures again starting next week.
  • I got over the plague.
  • I have planned a trip for my sister's 21st bday, which is next week.  Good thing my camera is fixed!
  • I got 4 new tires and  my engine light taken care of, after not driving my car for 2.5 weeks! And Rob fixed and installed my car bra. Mustang ready to go anywhere!
  • Cleaning today!  So my house will be in order, which makes everything else fall into place.
  • I have given my boss everything (I hope) she needs to finish her grant renewal - and early!  This is pretty much unheard of in my lab.
  • I finally started collecting data for a paper, not characterization or a grant.
  • Amy and I are still trudging along on our marathon training plan.  Emphasis on the trudging.  My feet look like they belong to a troll.
So.  Edie and I are going down south for Rikki's 21st bday next week!  Party!  Then it will be off to San Diego for the neuroscience conference.  Then it will be Thanksgiving. I will be exciting again soon :)

Happy Halloween everyone :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween. Hope there are some treats in it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, thanks. we do have some leftover candy and a clean house. today that's all the treat i need :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the cleaning/course/science/lab/Christmas shopping/wrapping/card-making/furniture/clothes/camera/trip/party/car/marathon/traveling/conference stuff.

    Doesn't sound too boring, haha.

    Oh, and congrats on your grad school beating my grad school this weekend. I was there and it was not a fun finish.

    ReplyDelete