October 25, 2010

Everlasting Rhinovirus

Keri's Story:
Last week I was sick.  I feel ill the day after my birthday, but really, I could have blamed it on a hangover except for the stuffy nose.  
By Monday night I was hiiiiigh on decongestants.  
By Tuesday, stubbornness had set in, and I had decided I COULD continue training runs and teach yoga, plague be damned.  Tuesday night I realized I'd made a terrible mistake (fever had also set in), but was still stubborn enough (read: Stoopid) to try and run Wednesday morning.  
Wednesday is my teaching day, and everything was canceled after 4.  I took a quadruple dose of Nyquil, slept 11 hours, and skipped my Thursday run.  
I had to go to Stillman for extra teaching stuff Thursday morning, but I worked from home in the afternoon.  I also canceled yoga.  I took a double dose of Nyquil, and slept 10 hours.  
Friday I was able to go to work without everyone around me running in fear. 
Saturday I completed 7 miles of a planned 9 mile training run, and proceeded to feel like ass the rest of the day.  I took a single dose of Nyquil and slept 10 hours
Sunday, I rested!  
Today I feel better except for a slight cough.  

Robert's Story:
Last week I was sick.  I started feeling crappy on Tuesday, but used decongestants to get through Wednesday.  
Thursday and Friday I stayed home and slept all day.  Friday I drank a 1/2 gallon of orange juice.  
All three days I obediently ingested all of the drugs given to me by my wife.
By Saturday I was better.

Now, you tell me:

His 3-day illness versus my stubbornness which stretched a cold into a 7-day plague. Which one of us is smarter?  My money's on the hubs.  

4 comments: