April 28, 2011

The apocalypse!

We have had quite the exciting couple of days here in Birmingham!  Not exciting in a good way though! A huge tornado ripped through the northern part of downtown, pretty close to where we live!  Luckily we live on the south side and it was not bad at our house.  Actually I was a complete brat about it, and pissed because "the power always goes out for no reason!".  Anyway, we didn't even hide in the closet, and power was shortly restored.  Here's a pic of the one that came closest to us (I would say within 5 miles or so). My friends Loly and Erik took this one from their loft downtown.



So a lot of you know that I work in Tuscaloosa AL on Wednesdays at Stillman College.  Christine and I took our regular morning schedule, went to Stillman, and then basically turned back around and left because of the expected bad weather.  I'm so glad we did.  This is about 0.5 miles from where I work in Tuscaloosa.  The area is completely devastated. At the very least, I would probably still be stuck in Tuscaloosa this morning because of the disaster.


So needless to say, I'm feeling quite lucky this morning that I escaped the apocalypse.  I certainly have those who weren't so lucky in my thoughts today.

Also:  It's national bring your kid to work day.  I'm participating!  Like I do every day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear you made it through all that bad weather OK.

    ReplyDelete