April 18, 2011

Gettin down low with the heavy equipment.

This past weekend I did all kinds of stuff.  Including:  take dog to mutt strut and carry her part-way because she was cold/overwhelmed.  Go to market! Frame pictures for the mini muffin's future bedroom.  Move furniture (well, carefully, and mostly I talked while Rob moved furniture). Eat. Clean carpet in the mini muffin's bedroom. Overdo it on squats and lunges at the gym (I'm convinced these will come in handy in 6 or so months).  Etc.

Anyway, we (well, okay, I) have decided on a Bambi theme for the nursery!  I found this great vintage-y posters from when the movie opened that were my inspiration, and I just had to have them:




So this past weekend I went to Hobby Lobby, had mats cut to fit the 11x17 size, and bought frames!  They turned out pretty great, if I do say so myself, and completely appropriate for a boy or for a girl:


I also found this 1000 pc (!!) puzzle that I want to put together and frame.  But I am not a diligent person when it comes to tasks like this.  So I'm very thankful that Amy likes to do puzzles, AND that my mom, sister, and godmother are coming to visit next weekend and also want to help.  Bonus points! 


The other reason that my mom, sister, and godmother are coming on their estrogen wagon is to bring me baby furniture!  My sister has a 18-month old, so I'm really racking up on the goodies.  The more I can borrow, the happier I will be, because it is less stuff to store.  Anyway, this means we needed to clear space in the room and get the carpet somewhat clean.  We still need to put this twin mattress somewhere (prob under our bed), but otherwise we have space for baby stuff, which is a miracle at our house.


In other news,  I have made it to the 3-month mark, and have the very beginnings of a tiny little bump that is there all the time and not due to eating too much salt. Although it could be due to the fact that I can't manage extremely strenuous workouts anymore.  I put this here because people keep coming up to me and saying, "HEY!  How are you!?!?  You look....the same".  And while this looks like nothing, please remember that it's all relative and that I have said goodbye to my flat flat stomach. In other news,  I could use some sunless tanner.


Meanwhile, these guys have no idea what's coming:

 Slick thinks I cleaned the carpet and made this sunny spot just for him.


Hope everyone has a lovely week!


4 comments:

  1. Poor kitty. He looks so happy laying there but I guess it won't stay that way for long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Bella's "Bitch, please" look. Girlfriend is not going to give up her spot as the baby of the house without a fight, or at least without some anxious whining/jumping.
    I am somewhat to very concerned that Slick will eat Kerob, because he is kindof an asshole/psyhopath.

    Where is Mr. Homie? I hope he didn't die, or forget me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you appreciated the animal pics! Mr Homie was outside tangled around the hammock stand and declined to have his picture taken.
    Since Kerob is slated to be a demon, hopefully he/she will give Slice a run for his money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes but slick will be bigger than Kerob until they are about 4 or 5. It will take some killer supernatural powers to beat that, and unfortunately ultrasounds do not really indicate supernatural powers.

    ReplyDelete