June 23, 2011

The countdown!

I'm back from Houston!  After pretty much an entire day of delays just to get on a 1.5 hour direct flight back to Birmingham, I arrived yesterday evening a little disgruntled and minus some coping skills.  But I'm back!  More on my trip later, because:

ROB SUBMITTED HIS DISSERTATION!

Photo Evidence:


It was finally finished around 9 last night, 
meaning it had to be emailed instead of hand-delivered.
Hand deliveries today, I guess.

Did I mention that last night when I got home he had been awake for
almost 36 hours?  Minus a power-nap, of course.
My husband's procrastination skills never cease to amaze.


So I'm extremely excited and proud.  Perhaps more excited than when I submitted my own dissertation.  To celebrate, we went to eat at Al's.  I mean, it was like 10 pm and we were both delirious, so my baked potato with broccoli and cheese was about the most exciting thing ever.

I would also like to mention the following, because more than one person has made a comment along the lines of:

"Oh, just wait until the baby comes, that's going to be really insane."  or "If you think this is huge, just wait til the baby comes."

I find these comments to be not only annoying, but belittling to this huge accomplishment.  Yes, we are so excited to become parents, and a baby is a huge (HUGE) deal. But guess what?  So is writing and defending a dissertation, earning a Ph.D.  This is huge, a day that we wait for our whole lives.  And it's got nothin' to do with babies. 

And the beast is turned in!  Less than two weeks till I can say, "I'm married to a doctor!"


No comments:

Post a Comment