August 9, 2011

People doing stupid shit

If I had the time, I would make a local, Birmingham edition of "The Soup" to cover all the crazy local stuff that goes on around here.

It would include clips from the local "Today Alabama" show that I sometimes catch while I get ready for work.  It would also include clips from the weather forecast...ahem, excuse me "futurecast", especially the one from a few years ago where Stephanie Walker was standing in the rain at Vulcan and proclaiming that the "weather" was coming from "over there".  Thanks, Steph.

It would be genius.

Anyway, here is today's stoopid news article.  It's sad in a way I suppose.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/08/woman_burned_while_torching_es.html

Basically it says a wife was mad at her soon to be ex, went into his travel trailer WITH HER 3 YEAR OLD, poured gas on everything, and set in on fire WHILE THEY WERE STILL INSIDE. Needless to say she was burned severely.  The only reason this is funny and not tragic is because the child was unharmed.

Special thanks to the city of Morris, Alabama for the afternoon entertainment.

I'm headed to the beach tomorrow!  Woot!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that woman is nuts! One thing I miss about living on the coast was getting the local news from New Orleans. The first 10-15 minutes was filled with murders, police corruption, and whatever crazy antics the mayor was up to and that led you right into weather and sports. Always entertaining. I decided one day to watch the local news here in Hattiesburg (which only has one station that does a local news broadcast) and the top story was a road widening. Come on ... snoozer!

    I hope you have fun on vacation.

    ReplyDelete