August 4, 2011

A moment with the Mans Family.

So last week Rob and I went to the annual UAB MERIT retreat, a program in which we are both postdocs.    

As an aside, I'm not sure why they called it a "retreat", given that I had to present two posters, give a short talk on professionalism with undergrad students in the lab, and give a large presentation on a Molecular Biology Methods class that I designed to teach next spring.  

Anyway, the following pictures were taken at the retreat, and I find them hilarious because they illustrate mine and Rob's relationship perfectly.

They also illustrate that, at almost 30 years old, I am STILL incapable of taking a decent picture.  And that I have terrible posture sometimes. Gosh love the guy that took the candids for our wedding.

I tell Rob about how I'm SURE THE SAMPLES WERE SWITCHED.
Notice my energetic looking eyebrows.
I tell him the results probably aren't correct on my undergrad's poster.
He listens patiently, but...

I talk.  About things I think are important.
Or I talk and I think I am funny.
No matter the case, Rob's face depicts his feelings.

This conference was held in a supposedly nice conference center, but man they failed at good lighting.  We look like zombies!

Also, this past weekend Rob's Aunt Beth and three cousins dropped in for a brief visit. We made them dinner (lasagna, salad, bread, and cake!)  His cousins are approximately 17 feet tall, which I will be able to better illustrate when Beth sends the photo she took of all of us together.  

This weekend we are going for massages!  He has a groupon and I have a gift certificate!  And then next week we are going to the beach!  (I am now the proud owner of a pregnant lady swimsuit, and it's not completely horrid looking, but don't get your hopes up about seeing this bathing beauty on the intergoogle.)

Happy Thursday :)


2 comments:

  1. If it helps any, I am definitely convinced the samples were switched, haha.

    ReplyDelete