December 7, 2011

Baby Gremlin is 5 weeks old!

Em is five weeks old today.  I can hardly believe it-I now know what people mean when they say time speeds up when you have kids, though, the days were passing too quickly before I was a mom.

Emerald has learned to smile "on purpose", like when I make a funny face or noise, or when I touch her on the nose and say "beep!"  Yeah, I'm a real cheesy person now because these things are the highlight of my day.

We still have our challenges, that's for sure, but I feel like I'm finding my way the more I get to know her.  

We are certainly looking forward to her first Christmas, though it was taken THREE DAYS to get the tree, get it in the stand, and put lights on.  Maybe we can ask for an extension on Christmas this year.  No such luck, I guess, since our families are coming in ONE WEEK for Rob's hooding and to celebrate Christmas early. At least we don't have to travel anywhere.  I'm thinking we are done traveling on Christmas forever-I want Emerald to celebrate Christmas at home, and I'm excited for us to start our own Christmas traditions. For example, I tried to put on "Charlie Brown Christmas" for Em yesterday.  She can't see or understand it, but she does follow lights on the screen, and likes music.  She decided she'd rather look at the ceiling.  Then she needed changing.  But Bella decided it was a perfect setup:



Other pics from today:

Unimpressed by most things.

Hey pretty lady!  I'm trying to capture her "on purpose" smiles on camera.  No luck there.
Believe me when I say it's insanely adorable.
So is her "gremlin" face, which I also haven't caught on camera.

Is she pretty or what?

Decidedly bored with "tummy time"
We are working on it.



2 comments: