December 27, 2011

Mans Family Christmas

I can't believe the Em's first Christmas is already over!  I *might* have cried a little.  Told you my heart of stone was melted.

I also go back to work in less than two weeks, on Jan 9.  I'm supposed to be working at home some already, but I find it a lot more fun to play with my baby, who is growing way too fast for my taste.  

We had a wonderful holiday at home, stayed in bed until about 11 a.m. playing with our little one and then made a delightfully unhealthy brunch of orange sweet rolls, bacon, and scrambled eggs.  Yep, we used the bacon fat to season the eggs.  We had to wash it all down with large quantities of coffee, and, when that didn't do the trick, orange juice with tons of pulp. It took pretty much all day to open gifts, because the little one kept tuckering out.  For some reason, we were determined that she would be a part of the Christmas experience, which you can't do if you're snoozing. For dinner we had grilled NY Strips, smashed potatoes, green beans, and homemade chocolate chip/oatmeal cookies (yes, Amy that's your recipe!).  I didn't get out of my pajamas until it was time to go to bed, at which point I put on clean pajamas.  I'm not sure if I washed my face.  You will note that I'm not in ANY Christmas Day pictures!

I'm never going anywhere on Christmas again, at least that's my plan.  We're trying to figure out if we can get the entire family together every year for "Express Christmas", at least while we are still in Birmingham since it is a central location for everyone to meet up...We'll see I guess. I wouldn't mind having the madness of the family in town for a few days, and then enjoying our "just the three of us" Christmas Day. 

Here are some pics of our first Christmas at home.  Hope everyone had as wonderful a day as we did.

We did this for half the day.

The photo of the day:  Em sits in her high chair enjoying a book while Mom and Dad cook.

We spent the second half of the day digesting this:


Some asshole cat tried to take my breakfast...
Even after he got TWO new toys under the tree.  

The animals had just as good a day as we did:

Mr Homie doesn't look it, but he was WAY excited about his catnip-soaked sparkle balls from Santa.

Bells got a pillow pet.

Em had a fun day of napping and getting presents.

Her doll might be bigger than she is.

We got lots of fun stuff, but I had to add a photo of the antique diamond and emerald ring Rob got me!
It's from the 1920's, art deco style.  
I love how unique it is, and it goes perfectly with my engagement ring which is the same style and also from the 20's.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and that you ring in 2012 in style! Party hard for us-we'll be chillin with an 8 week old.  I'm so boring, because I wouldn't rather be anywhere else :)

No comments:

Post a Comment