April 25, 2012

Doing Laundry in Style

1st.  Happy Anniversary to Rob and I :)  We have been married for three years!  I still remember our wedding day like it was yesterday, all the planning that I did, how much fun I had, and how I felt when our officiant (my godfather, Tommy) said, "You may kiss your bride!"  And when Rob told me at the hotel that night where we would be going on our honeymoon!

These are among my best memories, and I hope they never ever fade.  

Mush alert.  This is us on our honeymoon, after a hike through the Armstrong Redwood Forest in CA.
We did not make someone take this picture of us.  We set the camera timer.  For the record.


Now that we have been married for three years and we have a beautiful baby, our relationship, while still fantastically fun, has taken a turn for the practical.  

Case in point:  Rob revamped the laundry room this past weekend and I could not be more excited to not have to cram  my body in between piles of recycling, laundry baskets, mops, brooms, vacuums, tools, and various cleaning supplies.  Not to mention all the crap that needs to be stored in the attic or under the house.  

I don't have any "before" pictures, because they would be far too mortifying to show.

Now that we have a laundry sorting "station", 
I don't have to be responsible for sorting all the laundry.  
It's so easy, even Mr. Homie could do it.

This is the new shelf that Rob built, and the pegboard he put up for the mops.  
The rod in front of the shelf is for hangers so I can air dry clothes--
without hanging them on random doorknobs throughout the house.  
Better for everyone's mood.

So.  Happy Anniversary to us.  And Happy Wednesday to the rest of you.

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary!

    I hope you're having a great week, Keri! Congrats on getting some laundry space.

    ReplyDelete