April 27, 2012

Another week.

Well, it has been another week.  This one might have been just as insane as the last, except we didn't start with being out of town, so that is a bonus.

Saturday we celebrated our anniversary by getting a babysitter (Thanks Teruko!) and going out for martinis.

Sunday we went to Oak Mountain for a mini-cookout with Aimee and Steven (Franklin), the ones without kids.  They are in stark contrast to Amy and Steven (Castello), the ones with 3.75 kids.

We had grilled pork chops, butterfinger brownies, grilled asparagus, and au gratin potatoes. It was pretty chilly, though.  And windy!

Em hung out on the table and explored gravity by dropping her toys over and over again.

I think Rob is explaining fire to Aimee.  But I can't be sure?

I learned that Steven doesn't go anywhere without his guitar.
Aimee looks so healthy in her workout gear and holding a strawberry.
If I were nice, I'd leave out the part where we all gorged ourselves on butterfinger brownies.

Em is so cool with her hat pulled low as she learns a few chords :)


Sunday night Rob and I celebrated our anniversary some more by cooking steaks at home.

Rob had been complaining of a sore throat and generally crappy feelings.  So Monday he went to the doc and found out he had bronchitis!  (You might remember him having strep about 6 weeks ago.) He got TWO SHOTS, and a 10 day course of antibiotics. 

Monday night Em woke up and entertained the whole house by alternately puking and screaming.  No one tells you that the first time your baby pukes for real...PANICPANICPANICPANIC.  Rob and I tried to take her temp, but couldn't find the thermometer.  Then when we did, it was on Celsius!  Celsius!  It was crazy times.  But we got her feeling better and she slept in her swing for the remainder of the night.  

Tuesday, Rob and Em stayed home with each other and I went to Stillman to teach.  

Wednesday was our actual anniversary, and we celebrated by ordering Hungry Howie's Maui Pizza and exchanging cards. I think I was asleep by 10:30.

So.  On to other things.  

Rob hung up our bird feeder last week in honor of spring!  He has been very concerned that the birds won't want to eat at our restaurant because of the cats hanging around all the time.  But this morning!  A cardinal was having some food and I got pics!  

I can only assume that the other bird is his wife.  And she wasn't camera-ready.
Or perhaps she is mad, because she was hungry like, TWELVE HOURS AGO, and they got lost on the way here.  And he wouldn't ask for directions.  Hope it is not their anniversary.

Or maybe it is his mistress, and doesn't want to be on camera for obvious reasons.
The obvious reason being that he is running for office.
Of course, if he is an "I HATE THE GAYS" politician, the other bird is probably his intern/boytoy.


You can decide for yourself.

Yes, I just made up a story about the birds on our feeder.  
Actually two stories.
Can you hear the tennis balls on my walker scraping the floors as I shuffle around the house?


This weekend it is Amy's baby party (the one the 3.75 kids).  I have MUCH WORK TO DO.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that humans are the only animals that "marry" other people. I would guess the bird has a mistress.

    Your story about him running for office would make sense because he does have a bird brain. Gosh, I'm hilarious, aren't I?

    I hope you have a great weekend, Keri! I might write you again soon. Maybe you'll write me back ... unless the stuff I write seems crazy and you're just trying to avoid me. Anyway, I'll try saying bye a second time here ... have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you guys actually have thermometer that is only Celsius. Also my vote is for mistress. You can see the surprise look on his face like, Oh SH*T, we just got caught.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thermometer is usually in Fahrenheit! We were just as shocked as you to find out that it also does Celsius!

    ReplyDelete