November 29, 2010

I'm thankful for guns, my nephew Tye, and running.

Thanksgiving was fun!  Rob and I went to my grandma's house, which is hopelessly in the country.  So much in the country that you pretty much have to call it "cawn-tray".  Anyway, we stayed two days and I came armed with cranberry bread, fresh cranberries for cranberry sauce, and sweet potato casserole (Yes, Gary, I used your recipe unaltered.).  My parents brought the turkey and dressin' components, my sister brought her baby, Lee brought a gun, and we had Thanksgiving.

The highlight of the trip might have been the rope swing and target practice. No, these activities were not combined, but that could have been fun if any of our exes had shown up. I played with the nephew, who really only gets cuter by the second, and he played with Bells, who LOVES children.

Then I went for a run yesterday, totally tripped over a tree root, and skidded to a stop on my knees.  You might think that running tights would offer some protection.  Not so.  I now have to gear up to bend/extend my legs, which means yoga will be fun this week, and getting my shoes on this morning was a challenge.

Anyway, various photos below. Hope you all had a fun Thanksgiving!

Rob tries out the rope swing.  The tree is not that sturdy.

Our little collection of targets we found in the yard.  
I been trying to tell y'all how redneck I am, I think I can finally illustrate it.

Rob shoots-gotta have one skill in case that mean lookin' father in law ever gives chase.  

I show off my skills.  Not so good with a handgun, turns out.
But look out if you see me with a rifle, I learned to shoot those at 7 years old!

I wish this photo hadn't turned out blurry.
Still, Dad looks kickass.

The only kid that makes me want to have them:

Tye and Bells get acquainted on the couch.


2 comments:

  1. I'm not much for firearms, but I have to admit that you look pretty hot firing a gun... also yay for sleeveless thanksgivings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw shucks.

    yeah it was like a million degrees on Thanksgiving. Love the south :)

    ReplyDelete