November 15, 2011

The Emerald Joyce Show.

We're having a ton of fun with our baby girl.  With the exception of the 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. hours, when she decides to work out her vocal chords. That's usually when she goes on a "date" with Dad and I go to sleep to prepare for a night of feeding and changing. We're climbing up the steep learning curve and making it just fine. The pediatrician says she's doing well, even though I was concerned that she's not made it up to her birthweight yet.  But she is getting chunky I can tell, and it's kinda nice that she gets more time in her newborn size outfits since they grow out of them so fast.

And her animal siblings love her too.  I think. Bells is getting accustomed.  At first she peed on the baby's blanket and crapped in the baby's room.  And destroyed 5 pacifiers and an aspirator.  But she is better now and holds vigil while Em is crying or being fed or changed.  She even tries to comfort her with kisses to the face, gross. Now that I'm up and about more, I can put the baby in her backpack and take the dog for walks which will help the jealousy.

Rob and I actually watched almost 2 hours of TV last night together on the couch!  It's nice to remember that we're a couple that love each other and not some jacked up version of friends/lab partners.  

And I know none of you read any of the preceding stuff because all anyone wants to see are pictures of the new baby.  So here you are.

Happy Tuesday!

This is what the family is doing while I update my blog. 
I've found I prefer having an hour to do what I want to sleeping an extra hour.  
Time to myself is precious!


Entertaining herself (and me) in her bouncy chair.  I feel so accomplished that we can put her down while she's awake. Just play her some music and she's good for at least an hour to look out the window. That's gotta be her dad in her.  Everyone knows I'm the least patient person in this house.

Tuckered out after her 2nd trip to the pediatrician.  
Heel stick for a newborn screen-hard to say if it was more painful for her or me.

The post-lunch stupor.  I swear she's like the town drunk.

Homie makes sure I don't drop the baby in my sleep deprived state.


And finally, Slick really likes the play gym that we obviously got for him.  
He wasn't sure about the mirror at first, but thinks it's okay now.





1 comment:

  1. she is adorable! Good work keeping her alive and thriving for two weeks!
    Also, getting a playgym for Slick was dumb. He's an asshole who doesn't care about anything. You should probably go ahead and give it to the baby.

    ReplyDelete