November 22, 2011

A Glamorous Life

Rob went back to work this week and I am on "mommy duty" until January.  (Don't worry, he still helps a lot when he's home.) I love it but it's a challenge to be sure.  I'm learning to deal with getting interrupted instead of actually finishing something, and let's face it:  I get to snuggle a baby all day if I want.  Em and I are getting the hang of it, slowly and surely.  


And I am now recovered enough to do a little exercise besides dog walking and babylifting.  I might venture back to the gym for a really lame workout soon.  Seriously. Lame. Workout. 

One thing I have learned is that babies don't give a tiny little rat's ass if you have a Ph.D. or not.  (Probably the Ph.D. is detrimental in some cases...) I'm learning patience because all the smarts in the world don't help.  Well.  It's a different kind of smarts that you need for dealing with a newborn than you need for slicing up a brain and working a million dollar microscope.

I'm enjoying the time, though, because my mom says I will be the saddest person in the world the day I drop her off at daycare.  And I learned a long time ago:  Momma don't lie...usually.



Yep she is the cutest.  
Also:  really good at farts. I can hear them on the baby monitor!


Check out these beautiful baby blues.  
Rob and I are both blue eyed, so we expect she will be too.
Otherwise, I'll have some 'splainin to do.

I wonder if there's anything as presh as a sleepy head on your chest...

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Keri, nice to see you're enjoying your time with Emerald. Probably all kinds of challenges that no one could expect. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving Day. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete