November 24, 2011

Ham Day.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Rob smoked a ham today, and we invited our friends Ben and Amy over for dinner.  I also made cranberry sauce, mashed sweet potatoes, and the most beautiful loaf of bread ever to come out of my oven.


We haven't had dessert yet, but it's going to be fudge brownies with mint filling and a hard chocolate topping.  And ice cream.  A little unorthodox for Thanksgiving dessert, but pie is gross so shut up.

And it's Emerald's very first holiday with her mom and dad!


Our Thanksgiving Setting:

 The prettiest bread I've ever made.  AND the most delicious.

Dad gives Em a bottle so hopefully we can have dinner in peace

Our first family Thanksgiving!  
Note:
1.) We look exhausted.  I didn't know we looked THIS tired. Par for the course I guess.
2.) Em is making sure my boobs don't get too far away.  You know, just in case.
3.) To Kim (Amy's sister in Alaska): LOVE THESE BOOTIES.

2 comments:

  1. You guys have that "new parents" look. Also for the record I love pie. I thought someone had to stand up for it.

    ReplyDelete