November 29, 2011

I will sell you to the gypsies!

Of course I'm not actually going to sell Emerald to gypsies.  Because Birmingham doesn't have any.  

But we have had a challenging day.  There was yelling.  There was spitup all over 4 outfits and poop on one.  There was projectile spitup in my hair and all over my shirt.  There was more yelling.  

I wanted to start wrapping Christmas gifts today.  That was my mistake-I made an agenda!

Being a new mom is kind of like hazing. Babies are real good at hazing, turns out. 

I'm quite excited for her dad to get home from work so I can go to the gym.  Really, anywhere but here for an hour or so would work.

She is sleeping peacefully now (finally napping after several hours of yelling, puking, pooping and yelling...and also a bath), and I'm once again madly in love with her. She's so stinkin' cute.

People warned me this would happen...

3 comments:

  1. From personal experience, I can tell you that she won't figure out that there are no gypsies around until she's at least 12 or so, so it's a good threat for quite a while yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember my Dad is friends with one of the King Gypsies in Maryland. You could always tell her that I will drop her off up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. both very good points! maybe i can also convince her that the tv only works for one hour on thursday night...

    ReplyDelete