November 8, 2011

One Week

Emerald will be one week old tomorrow.  

This week has been challenging in ways I didn't think possible, from the physical recovery (you know I'm no good at sitting still, and nothing messes up your fitness routine like shooting a person from your nether regions.) to the emotional ups and downs (hello, hormones, you suck).  I'm looking forward to a little stabilization and hoping it comes sooner rather than later.

Emerald is a good baby, and sleeps for about 3 hours at a time at night. I have to set an alarm so that I can wake her up to eat.  She loves to go outside, and we've been lucky to have 70-degree weather since we've been home.  

This past week, from labor til now, has been amazing and I feel so lucky to have a beautiful, healthy (and hungry) daughter.  And a helpful husband--money can't buy that shit. He sits up with her if she's super fussy between feedings so I can sleep too.

Also I just have to mention how grateful I am that my superfriend Amy set up a meal delivery at my baby shower.  Rob and I have not even gotten the opportunity to get hungry.  


4 comments:

  1. She is soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things calm down for you emotionally. I imagine that it's very nerve-racking when it's an emotional roller coaster like that. I'm glad to read that Emerald is home and healthy. I hope Week 2 is a good one.

    ReplyDelete