May 11, 2011

Float On.

Rob and I drove down last Friday to Homosassa Springs, FL to visit his grandparents at their river house.  They are not renewing their lease after this June and are moving back to their home in Gainesville, so this was the last chance we had to visit them and get some QT on the boat.
We had a lovely time, though the fishing wasn't great.  I mostly just hung out on the boat and read my book, enjoying the sunshine.  Granny and Grandpa were pretty convinced I would melt/break, so 4 hours was all they would spend on the boat in the sun, but it was plenty for me.  The rest of the time was spent on the deck or screened-in porch enjoying the fresh non-smoggy air.  


Catch of the day.  No, I didn't catch it.  Grandpa did. Of course.

A beautiful day on the river:


Coming back to the dock after a long day of sunscreening.

 A beautiful sunset-we were so lucky to have nice weather on our trip!

Other things:

Today I am 16 weeks into mini muffin baking! To commemorate the occasion, I am holding up my jeans with a ponytail holder. Too small for fatlady clothes, suddenly too big for my size 2's (this isn't a complaint, just an observation).  I will be wearing a lot of dresses in the coming weeks I think. I'm surprised that I'm finding this really fun instead of extremely depressing, let's hope it holds!

Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment