May 29, 2011

My Dad can beat up your Dad.

Well, it's time again for family weirdness a la the Petersons.  Most of you know from previous blog posts that my dad is a bodybuilder.  Last year was his first year competing (at age 50!) and this year he is evidently back and better than ever at 51!

At his first two shows of the season, he has taken first place!  He has beat his arch-nemesis Caesar, and kicked the tiny underpants off a whole host of 40 year olds!

Congrats-it's amazing to me what he can make his body do (I maintain that it's not at all healthy, but I will stay off the soapbox).  Especially since mine seems to be revolting at the moment., with good reason, but still revolting. The amount of dedication he has to his workout schedule and diet is completely astounding.  

Of course, I won't forget that time when he was "off training" that he ate and entire cake while everyone else was sleeping. You gotta watch him when it's no-diet time!

And now for some photos that are probably inappropriate for a daughter to post of her dad.

 Of course he is the only one that's smiling.
That's Caesar on the left, I think.

My mom says he could use his traps as earmuffs.


I'll be sure to remember this while I'm consuming an entire watermelon later, pssshhh.  Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment