May 27, 2011

"Minnie" Muffin!

Turns out our mini muffin is a "Minnie"!  We are having a baby girl!
Everything went beautifully with the anatomy scan, and we got an early peek into all 10 fingers, 10 toes, etc. And she weighs in at a hefty 7 oz.

And as promised, we have a name:  Emerald Joyce

Why?
Emerald:  because we like it and it's unique enough without naming the poor kid "Rocketship".
Joyce:  because it's my mom and grandmother's first names

We might call her Em or Emmi for short, but either way we are certainly excited for her to make her grand entrance.  (Not so excited for my insides to explode all over the place.)

Here are some pics from today.  I have to admit was lazy and just used my camera to take pictures of the ultrasound pics instead of going through the scanning process.  So these are not the best images, but hey, everyone has seen an ultrasound before. 

Yay Team PINK!


Still a chance that Baby Emerald is going to be a demon:

Or perhaps a zombie?

 She wasn't moving as much this time, 
must be getting crowded in there.
Esp since I can still button some of my pants, 
won't last long though.

The "moment of truth" photo, I put an arrow so you can see that it's a baby girl!
We are now accepting donations into the wedding fund.
And Rob is getting more flexible so as to be wrapped around a tiny finger.

A three day weekend!  Everyone have a great time!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Keri! Pretty exciting stuff. I'll even forgive you for not naming her Morgan, haha. Emerald Joyce is a very nice name. Thanks for putting up all the pictures. I hope you have a great weekend that lasts long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to stand in line for the wedding fund. Those of us with three Minnies get first dibs. So glad to know I'm going to be an aunt. We look forward to meeting Emmie when she makes her grand arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meh I'll tell my daughter like my momma told me: You can get married when you're ready to pay for it!

    Yeah we're excited too :)

    ReplyDelete