May 18, 2011

Something so sweet it needs insulin poured on top

After considering a lamp purchase for the muffin's room, I thought I would get an Eddie Bauer one with deer and other woodland creepers to coordinate with the Bambi theme.  Just to remind you I have these movie posters matted and framed.  They are currently being stored in the crib with clothes that are either too big or too small.  Storing things in the crib is a topic I'll return to later.  Anyway, here are the posters:


But I was feeling like an Eddie Bauer lamp for a child's room would be waaaay too yuppy-ish. Especially paired with the above decoration and the puzzle that Amy and I are still plugging away at.

So yesterday I was on Etsy hoping to find some cool Bambi stuff for the muffin's room, because apparently Bambi is the red-headed stepchild of the Disney Corporation.  But I'm not so interested in all new shiny stuff anyway.  I'm totally not into matching crib sets with bumpers, blankets, pillows, curtains, etc, and would rather use a little imagination and legwork to make a (more affordable) cooler baby's room.  And I'm certainly interested in people making me things rather than buying them (*ahem Joy and Amy). To each his own, but I'm certainly having a lot of fun doing it this way!


SO on Etsy I found this great Bambi lamp from 1964! (for cheap!) It needs some cleaning, like anything that is almost 50 years old.  It also needs a new lampshade,  but these are easy things to do, plus the lamp works-a bonus for sure-why would I buy a lamp that doesn't work?  It comes with an old children's book which is neat because I love books, but the real star of the show is the lamp!  Presh! I think it will be perfect for the muffin's room!




Only 1 week and 2 days til we find out if we are pink or blue!  I'm excited but I don't know why since it really doesn't matter to me.  I'm pretty sure everyone else is way more excited than I am to find out what we're having.  The exciting part is we have the names picked out and will announce that too, for all those people out there interested in embroidery and making various other things.  I'm very lucky to know a lot of crafty people!

Happy Wednesday everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment