October 14, 2011

In other news:

Based upon my doctor's appointment today, our kid is NEVER coming out.

The thing is that I am really doing fine (although my ass is starting to take up a measurable amount of real estate), I measure small anyway so I figured there wouldn't be much to get excited about this early. I'm just being dramatic and I'm starting to get sad because my coping skills are disappearing rapidly.

As I've said many times before, pregnancy is really fun as long as I don't have to talk to most people. I'm getting irritated by these types of exchanges (below).  I don't mind talking to my friends, family, coworkers, etc about this stuff, but strangers who wouldn't normally talk to me are suddenly very interested in my ladyparts.  And that, my dear readers, is WEIRD.

A:
Person:  When is your baby due?

Me:  1 and a half weeks.

B:
Person:  Did you have your baby yet? (does this even need to be asked?)

Me:  No.

C:
Person:  Wow you look like you might explode any day now.

Me:  Thanks?

D:
Person:  You're pregnant!

Me:  Yep. (I've tried feigning surprise, but so far I'm not so good at it)

Person:  When are you due?

Me:  Oct 26.

Person:  Is it your first?

Me:  Yep.

Person:  Is it a boy or a girl?  (At this point I should just say I don't know)

Me:  Girl

Person:  Oh, what are you going to name it?  (They still say "it" as if I hadn't just told them I was having a girl, but I guess that's okay.)

Etc Etc.

But I do have fun at the gym (even with strangers!) because people are really nice there and tell me how good I am being by working out and whatnot.  Although really my exercise regiment is extremely sad these days. Anyway, they tell me stories about how great I look and how they wish they had been smart and not gained six million pounds when they were pregnant. And they always smile at me and open doors.  I'm sure they are secretly laughing at me on the inside, but that's okay. I love gym rats-the endorphins make them nicer than most people.

PLUS the undergrads find me fascinating for some reason.

So whatever Emerald's plans are, she certainly didn't share them with her momma. But it gives me time to go to the fabric store for cute iron-ons to make custom onesies!  

2 comments:

  1. Maybe this is why I don't ask too many questions about your pregnancy, although I'm definitely interested. I don't want to ask the wrong question. I also guess I need to find more female friends who are willing to blog about bottoms, haha. It's great that you're still feeling fine.

    "B" must have been someone who wanted to start a conversation but took absolutely no time in figuring out what would be the best way to start it. I can't say I haven't done that before. "C" sounds like something I thought when I got interviewed for a job once by a woman who was at least 8 months pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you thought it but didn't say it!
    And you might have missed the part where I said I don't mind discussing things with my friends. It's the perfect strangers that bother me, because I know they wouldn't talk to me otherwise! It's like a big stomach is a "conversation piece" or something. Anyway, ask all the questions you want-I'm just not one to overshare because it makes a lot of people uncomfortable

    ReplyDelete