January 23, 2012

It no longer looks a lot like Christmas

We have finally removed the Holiday Botanical from our living room.  The ornaments are lovingly wrapped individually in tissue paper for next year later this year, and everything is boxed up. Nevermind the fact that I still have shopping to do, because there are at least 6 members of the family that we haven't "done Christmas" with yet.  Geez it's never-ending this year!

It's nice to have that space in my living room!

We took the gremlin to Target yesterday and picked out some Bose speakers for her bedroom so she can have the very best when she listens to Baby Einstein's classical music lullabies.  Spoiled, much?

Then we went to Dreamland for some BBQ, and I remembered the "dark days" in Rob's life when the smell of BBQ made me want to hurl.  Luckily that was only the first trimester.  Em loved Dreamland because of all the TV's.  The kid LOOOOVVVES TV.  Like, if I feed her in the living room, it ticks her off if the bottle gets in the way of her view.  Her favorite things are Baby Einstein "Bach" and football.  Of course.

And to the Pediatrician's Association:  Yes, I know your rule that babies are not supposed to see a TV until they are two years old at least.  But I want to know what mom in the world doesn't need 20 minutes to throw some dinner together?  Or...bathe?  So, Baby Einstein it is.

I've got some cute new pics of Gremlin that will be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment