December 6, 2010

Always wear underpants!

This past weekend, I (with some help from a few friends) threw Abby a farewell party!  There was food, wassail, mulled wine, a slideshow (yay for a grant-purchased projector!), and lots of great friends and memories.  And of course it wasn't without a few tears.  Mostly Abby's because she cries about everything.  I have to admit I will be holding back the waterworks this Friday while I forlornly wave at the U-Haul. 

It wasn't without stress, since our water heater broke Friday night, and it wasn't repaired until about 1 hour before the party.  Therefore, I spent the day doing this to water so that I could wash dishes (BY HAND!) and bathe:


At any rate, I think everyone had fun, and the party was an overall success.  Thanks to Amy and Edie for coming over and helping with setup.  Thanks to everyone who brought food.  Thanks to Johanna for helping with the slideshow. Y'all are great.

Lookin' SEKSI in my leopard apron and fuzzy pink 
slippers during party setup!

Katie (Abby's roommate) didn't want her picture taken. 
But I'm the boss at my house, so there.

Some of Abby's well wishers.  Note I took off my apron for the party!

I made those cupcakes, Johanna!
Devils food with white chocolate/cream cheese/peppermint frosting.
Yummy winter treat!

Because of our broken water heater saga
(and the SEC title game) 
the Christmas Tree did NOT get decorated.

My main helpers for the night.  
Couldn't have done it without Amy and Edie!

How is it that Malarkey always ends up the only guy in a group of ladies?
Lucky I guess.

Amy and Jel discuss dreads.  Really.  
Both Amy and I are obsessed with ethnic hair.

I gave Abby a picture of girls, and we all signed the mat.
Of course, in large letters it says "Always wear underpants".
Just in case she forgets in RI.
Kind of a running joke of the past 5 years.

Buds!

Even Jel agreed to pictures.

A deathly ill Alicia showed up to give Abby the plague.
(*we're really happy you came! feel better*)

Well, Abby, your long goodbye is almost over!
We will miss you, lady!


2 comments:

  1. Pictures are cute! Except the one of me and Jo where Jo looks lovely and I look like a drowned rat. It was a wonderful party, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you don't look like any kind of rat. but you do look like a lady who is about to drive 1200 miles with a simple cat and a helper cat.

    ReplyDelete