December 14, 2010

Baking Extravaganza

This week, it's all about baking.  
Last night the "Great Cranberry Bread Baking Adventure of 2010" came to a conclusion.  Now all that's left is passing out the rest of the loaves.  

As if you don't know what cranberry bread loaves look like, here is a pic of the last batch. Excuse the fact that it looks like a war zone in my fridge.


I also made some homemade cookie dough with baby semisweet chocolate chips and made plans for baking homemade bread later in the week for our departmental potluck. 

Also, a true christmas miracle has happened!  My two cats (Homie and Slick) and dog (Bells) have gotten over their mutual lukewarm hatred of each other (and Bells stopped harassing Homie long enough) to cuddle together on the couch!  I'm sure this is due to the fact that we have gas heat, so in order to save money it's chilly in our house all the time.  At any rate, this is the first picture EVER of all three of them sitting nicely on the couch together.  Rob was there to mediate just in case there was gnashing of teeth. 



Finally, my dog is cold ALL THE TIME.  I gave up my search for a plain black sweater for her to wear and finally just bought the dog a damn sweater.  I hate to look like one of "those people" who dresses up their dogs, but she has a striped multicolored creation with a vinyl pink bone sewn into the back.  She also has a puffy pink jacket lined with fleece, complete with hood.  I am embarrassed, but at least she is not shivering as much.  Here is a glamour shot of my husband with Bells:


I think it's pretty clear from this post how very exciting my life is.

Happy Tuesday :)


2 comments:

  1. that picture makes it obvious how very, very, very much bigger the cats are than bells.
    Rob looks good scruffy. He should totally grow a beard! Want me to suggest it?
    Even though I am judging you eternally for it, bells looks super cute in her sweater. Miss you and all of them (except Slick. he's an asshole)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, the dog that has to go out in the snow doesn't have a sweater. If I remember right, your dog has a fur coat.

    ReplyDelete