December 13, 2010

A very fabulous Christmas indeed.

Rob and I totally rocked this weekend.  Friday night we went to the $1 movies to see "The Town".  Totally worth a buck- we LOVE the $1 theater.  Even though shopping traffic was so heavy it took us nearly 40 minutes to get there, when usually it takes 15.  Thank goodness for a half hour of previews. Saturday morning I got up and made pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips and headed over the Chelsea Park for a Christmas brunch at my friend Joy's house.  It was really fun, for ladies only, and I won the door prize for winning the Christmas song game (of course I won the Christmas song game). 

Then, I fought traffic and went to the grocery store to pick up all the ingredients I needed to make a million loaves of cranberry bread. I made about half a million of them this weekend, but still more to do.  My mother in law has this delicious recipe, and I decided everyone should have cranberry bread this holiday season.  I wonder if Rob's labmates will believe that he made the cranberry bread for them...

Wrapping gifts, buying a couple of last minute things, and insulating our house against the frigid weather were also on the agenda for the weekend.  

Saturday night was Marjelo's birthday party!  She is 30!  We had a great time (especially with the ring pops), and she puts on a fun party with good food and fun people.  

Sunday was baking and baking and teaching piano and wrapping the cranberry bread loaves and wrapping presents and the Stillman Choir Christmas Concert!  I swear this is a very talented group of kids.  Lots of the music was sung a capella and was very technical.  Beautiful.  It was nice to sit back and relax for a change when getting in the Christmas spirit. 


I am very lucky to have such good helpers when wrapping gifts.

I liked it, so....you know.

Dang, that's one fine lookin' birthday girl!

Y'all know my husband thank he black.
(Still can't get over how beautiful Jel looks!)

Eleonore and I show off our bling!

Jel with her fam.

Like I said, the ring pops were a big hit.

Happy 30th Birthday Dr. Marjelo!

Some of my one million cranberry loaves.

Less than two weeks til Christmas!
Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Well, if I'm ever in the unfortunate position of needing to buy a wedding ring, I may have just found what I would need!

    ReplyDelete