February 22, 2011

I don't have kids, therefore my husband must be dead.

I got a new piano student this past weekend!  His name is Jonah, he is four years old, and he is freakin' adorable.  He looks like a little blonde haired, blue eyed angel with a southern accent. This makes him especially dangerous.

Sunday was his first lesson, and he managed to sit through the entire 30 minutes (UNHEARD OF for a 4-year old), but we did take breaks for him to play with the other instrument settings on the digital piano and to have entertaining conversations.

Here's one such conversation:

**Jonah sees my bike, which is in the corner of the living room.**


Jonah:  You have a bike!
Me:  Yes, I do.  I like to ride it to my job.

Jonah:  It's not your kid's bike?
Me:  No, I don't have any kids.

Jonah:  Why not?  Do you have a Mommy and Daddy?
Me:  Yes.  But I'm a grownup so I don't live with them.

Jonah:  But you don't have any kids? Why?
Me:  I just don't.

**Jonah sees an early childhood picture I have of Jeff and Rob in our living room.**


Jonah:  Well, who is THAT?
Me:  That's my husband, Mr. Rob, when he was about your age.

Jonah:  Is he dead so you don't have kids?


Me:  No, he's in the kitchen!
Jonah:  Can we go see him?
Me:  Not right now, but when we're done with your lesson.

Jonah:  I'm hungry, let's go get something to eat.


Believe it or not, you actually can teach a four year old to play piano, but it's a slow process.  I can't wait to hear what Jonah has to say this week :)

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment