February 14, 2012

Party at my Crib.

We have had success getting Emerald to sleep in her crib!  Previously she was sleeping in a rocking cradle, which we kept in our room for a while.  Several weeks ago, we moved the cradle into her room to get her used to sleeping in her own room.  Then last week we moved her into her crib!  She has slept there ever since!  She still needs her swing or bouncy seat to fall asleep for the night, but once she is asleep, I move her to the crib for the night.  I'm hoping that one day soon she will be able to go into her crib and fall asleep by herself, instead of in the swing or bouncer. Right now, if I put her directly in the crib she yells and spits up everywhere in protest.
This has spawned a hilarious set of photos because she is very active while she sleeps and never stays where I put her. "I wonder where she got this from," says the yoga teaching, running, wish-she-had-time-for-kickboxing mom.  When I was little, I routinely fell out of bed because I moved around so much.  I also talk a lot in my sleep and occasionally wander around the house.  See what we have to look forward to!

Wearing herself out at the gym:

Playing on the new couch:
I have to say this is a pretty great picture-even if I took it. 
Usually Rob critiques my pictures til I get mad and hand over the camera.

Worn out from all her workouts

She starts out like this.  Head under the mobile, sleeping peacefully.
Don't worry, sleep nazis, I remove the blanket after her room warms up a little.
I don't need those emails from people telling me how you 
NEVER PUT A BABY IN A BED WITH A BLANKET. 
I don't shake her.  I don't leave her outside. I bathe and feed her and keep her warm.  End of story!

She is starting to look a little more like a kid sometimes.

She has moved down to the other end of the crib.


And by morning, she is completely flipped around.  
What I don't have pictures of is the fact that she now sleeps on her side.  
Or with her hands behind her head, feet propped up on the crib bars.
Like her dad, she knows comfort.

Happy Tuesday.







No comments:

Post a Comment