July 15, 2010

Darling Precious Nephew.

My sister, Rikki has an 8-month old named Tye.  He is presh.  Even when he pooped on me, he was still cute.  Stinky but cute.  AND it was my favorite dress.

You shouldn't get me wrong.  I LOVE Jeff and Lori's 2-year old Cooper.  But I grew to love him as I was around him more.  He is super cute, so smart and has the cutest little grin and a great personality.  Kids become more fun when they're not little babies anymore.

Rikki and Tye are supposed to come visit this summer, and I'm so excited.  You really don't understand, I think, how much I just really don't like babies in general.  But he is just darling, and has been since birth, really. And let's face it, newborns are really not cute, so I can't really explain this attraction.  There was a study done at some point, I think, which found that people are always drawn to the kids in their family instead of in-law family or non-related chil'ren because they look similar to them.  Perhaps that's what it is. We'll go with that, because I keep music turned up real loud to avoid hearing the inevitable ticking of the biological clock! I don't think it's started yet, but I'm sure it's imminent.

Pics Below!

Baby Tye looks somewhat perplexed by the camera.  Those blue eyes!



Tye's momma takes very good care of him--I will have to take lessons from her on getting the patience to deal with an infant!


Not the best photo of Aunt Keri ever, but you can't beat Tye's toothless grin :)



That is all..


This weekend I will be heading to my 10 year class reunion!  I think so far I've counted four girls from the class of 150 that does not have kids yet.  
Will be sure to post about that one.  Sure to be an interesting time!

3 comments:

  1. Greg ... Morgan ... from high school ... Hancock High SchoolJuly 16, 2010 at 12:02 PM

    Wow, I found Keri's blog; how awesome am I? I know ... "creepy" ... oh well. I don't know what it is about kids that people are related to. I don't usually like kids either, but I love my sister's kid, although he is harder to watch and keep up with than most kids. I hope you have fun at your 10-year reunion this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ignore the clock until you are ready to listen to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @greg: i wouldn't expect any different from you, creeper. good to hear from you!

    @gary: i will!

    ReplyDelete